House for rent scams on CraigslistApartment rental frauds on Craigslist: This site is a great source for buying and selling of product as well as also provides rented a home in the specific area. Besides this benefit, visitors also found housing rental scams often advertised on Craigslist. It has provided some steps to keep in mind while searching for a rental house. The steps are provided below.
Steps keep in mind to Avoid Homes for Rent Scams on Craigslist:
- It is commonly treated as a scam if someone provided rental house at comparatively at a lower rent than the prevailing market rate. For example, if you see an advertisement on Craigslist that “get three-bedroom rental property just for $1,000”, it might be a scam as seeing at market rate.
- If you have a doubt about the property for rent on Craigslist, then go for more details. Ask for more details to the owner. The owner has provided contact number and email for a transaction. One should contact by using the "reply to" link at the top of the listing to contact the seller.
- In reply, if the user gets any phone call or mail and owner says that they are living in another country and want to rent the house while they are gone, it might be a scam. This spam mails consist very poor grammatical errors and spelling mistakes. The owner probably asks user to provide personal information in response. These types of mails mostly spam nature.
- You should not deal with the person without a personal meeting. Deal with local and known people. It is advisable not to send any check or money as a part of the transaction.
- house for rent scams on Craigslist
- apartment rental frauds